Christ Church Cathedral
690 Burrard Street, Vancouver
The Anglican cathedral is Vancouver’s oldest surviving church. It opened in 1889 and was used as a landmark for ships entering Vancouver harbour. Since 2004 there has been $12.5 million spent on the cathedral to renew and restore the fabric of the building. The steel and stained glass BELL TOWER, located on the northeast side of the Anglican cathedral, is the centerpiece of a $7.5-million renovation to the historic building at Georgia and Burrard.
Atlas worked with the designers and fabricators of the BELL TOWER, to design and install a Permanent Fall Protection System combining Atlas Single Point Spiral anchors along with a (Pre-Manufacturered) Flexible Cable Ladder Safety System to protect workers climbing the BELL TOWER ladder and working within.