Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
666 5th Street SW, Medicine Hat, Alberta
As the first civilian hospital in Alberta, the original medical facility was opened in 1890 to service Saskatchewan, Assiniboia, Alberta and Athabasca. Now under the management of Alberta Health Service, the hospital has 325 beds serving the catchment of 117,000.
A $220 million redevelopment project for 30,800 square meters expansion of the hospital includes the construction of a six-storey addition of 23,200 square metres, and 7,600 square metres of renovations to the existing hospital which include a larger emergency department, more space for inpatient diagnostic services, a heliport, new diagnostic imaging area, an expanded day procedures department, expansions of day surgery and neonatal intensive care areas, physiotherapy & occupational therapy, and the Margery E. Yuill Cancer Center.
This expansion and renewal successfully addresses deficiencies in healthcare capacity in the growing southern Alberta catchment, updates infrastructure and elevates infection control standards at the hospital. The building targets LEED certification and is planned for service capacity increases and flexibility over the next 20-25 years.
- UnScheduled Interior Building Maintenance
- Scheduled Interior Building Maintenance
- Building Roof top Maintenance (RTM)
- Scheduled Exterior Building Maintenance
- Unscheduled Exterior Building Maintenance